Tutela collects many statistics and measurements, but we do not collect any personal information that is directly attributable to individuals. We take appropriate administrative, commercial, and technical measures to ensure that our datasets are not used by Tutela, our partners, or our customers, to identify individuals.
You may opt out of Tutela’s crowd-sourced data collection by utilizing the opt-out options and data privacy request form found below.
Tutela is a world leader in improving wireless networks based on users’ perspective of performance. As described in our Privacy Charter, we typically use data to identify areas where there are poor WiFi or cellular signals so that wireless carriers can fix their network issues and improve performance for their subscribers. You can view our mobile network reports and see the solutions we offer for more information.
Through partnerships with leading application publishers, our software runs in the background of popular mobile apps and games to collect data. This helps us to collect as much useful data as possible, without requiring the user to download another application. In many cases, this also means that the mobile apps can display fewer advertisements to users because we pay the mobile application to partner with us.
All of our mobile application and games partners are required to provide disclosures and permission requests to their users to enable pseudo-anonymous data collection, and abide by all relevant global privacy legislation. We regularly audit our partners to ensure compliance.
We are committed to helping you opt out of the Tutela data collection service, and you have the right to do so. This page provides several options. Note that we are normally unable to revoke any provided permissions and consents on your behalf. This is because our data does not contain any record of your identity or who you are.
Tutela is unable to collect data without having the end user opt in by accepting application permissions and any other consent configured by our application partners. Procedures are also provided to support individuals to opt out at any time.
2. End users may at their option restrict an application or a group of applications from collecting location data. No data will be collected by Tutela if location permission is not enabled for that app. Please note that if you do deny or revoke location permissions for an application, certain functionalities of the app that rely on location data to function may be affected.
For Location Turn-Off instructions on Android mobile devices visit https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6179507, and for Location Turn-Off instructions on iOS mobile devices visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203033.
3. End users may specifically opt-out of providing Mobile Advertising IDs.
a) Opt-out of providing Mobile Advertising ID via device settings. To opt out of personalized app ads on iOS mobile devices, go to “Settings” from your Device’s home screen; scroll down to “Privacy”; select “Advertising”; and turn on “Limit Ad Tracking.” Please see additional information from Apple here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202074. For Android mobile devices, go to “Google Settings” on your device; select “Ads”; and check the box labeled “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads.”
b) The Digital Advertising Alliance offers a third party opt-out procedure which restricts Tutela’s collection of Mobile Advertising IDs. Visit http://youradchoices.com/appchoices
4. End users may at their option uninstall and stop using applications which have requested data permissions. Tutela’s software will be uninstalled along with our partner application.
5. In accordance with the CCPA, if you are a California resident or authorized agent you may submit an opt-out request via the Data Privacy Request web form available below, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “CCPA Privacy” in the subject line.
6. You may submit your opt-out or other data privacy request via the form below:
Please contact Tutela’s Data Protection Officer with any questions or for GDPR, CCPA, or other privacy legislation supported requests. We ask that you limit these messages to only contain information about you that you are willing to share with Tutela. Responses pertaining to data from your mobile may be limited due to the pseudo-anonymous nature of our data set and the identification limitations that places on Tutela.
Tutela’s privacy controls and practices have been reviewed, on the basis of a Privacy Assessment, by PricewaterhouseCoopers.